730 Stanyan (at Haight & Stanyan) is land that the City purchased in 2017 to build affordable housing. There was a proposal for an interim use in the pre-construction phase, but the site is currently being used as a sanctioned tent site.
The developers of the affordable housing project are hosting a virtual community meeting regarding the project, which is expected to have over 150 units. This meeting is related to the housing development, not the sanctioned tent site, but we are sharing in case our members are interested in attending. See below for details.
Virtual Community Meeting
- When: Tuesday, June 23rd at 6:00pm
- Place: Virtual Zoom Meeting (you must register in advance of the meeting in order to receive the invitation — click here to register)
- Introduce the sponsors and the design team
- Provide site related information
- Address questions sent in advance of the meeting
- Provide opportunity for the participants to express their perspectives on the permanent housing
Questions must be submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance of the meeting.
- The development will contain 150+ units.
- The City previously said that there will be no onsite parking and it will be five or seven stories tall, although we expect to hear at Tuesdays’s meeting if that is still the case.
- The site will house families and the formerly homeless, with potential for additional populations.
- The site is being developed by the Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) and Chinatown Community Development Center (CCDC).
- The site is being designed by OMA / Jason Long and Y.A. Studio.
- TNDC and CCDC typically serve households with lower incomes and state funding sources that they’ll need to apply for are competitive, they plan to prioritize lower average rents.
- There will be ground floor commercial uses serving the residents and the neighborhood.
- Construction will begin in summer of 2022 and last for 18–20 months.